9.28.2006

SketchCrawl and random news


It's been forever since I updated, These first few weeks of school have been busy, either that or it is just adjusting to the new environment. It's been intense but wonderful! anyway, I organized a SketchCrawl event for Northampton, (check out: sketchcrawl.com for more information on SketchCrawl) and here are some of my results: Sorry for the bad quality photos, I don't like these well enough to spend any time on them. The day itself was really unexpected, It was pouring when I got up , I realized my bus did not run, so I hitchhiked into town in the rain, only to find I was the only sketchcrawler! What a waste of color posters! anyway, I had a grand time, I got to see the inside of the courthouse, or town hall, a great building, the inside of the unitarian church, where there was a giant tag sale, which was great to draw, then I went to the farmers market, where I sat in the back of my friends truck and ate free organic food, great green beans, then I went back to the tag sale, gave some girls advice on a sewing machine, bought a bike, and went to a coffee shop to sketch, where I saw my friend again and arranged a secret drop off point for all the basil left over after the farmers market! He left it in a black garbage bag in the bushes and gave me a map. I must have looked sketchy! 20lbs of organic basil makes a lot of pesto. I am still eating it! So it was an awesome day, but cut short by needing to take the bike and basil back to my place. Not as much sketching as I would have liked. Hopefully the next one will have more people, more time, and better weather! December 9th, mark your calendars!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bikecycle Girl said...

HI, I just saw your post on the Sketchcrawl forum. I go to UMass so next Sketchcrawl I'd definitely like to get a group together, let me know.

12:55 AM  
Blogger will said...

I'll definatly keep you posted, just keep checking the sketchcrawl forums, I should get some posters up too. See you there! ~ Will

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home