9.08.2006

new blog!

So, It seems I am starting a blog! It will be a place where I can talk about ideas, post some of my artwork, and where people will always have a way to get in touch with me. For a long time I have been sort of old fashioned in my communication and artwork but I am now seeing the ligtht of the computer screen. I am really excited about the digital painting and character work that is going on now, really spectacular stuff. A lot of this stuff is coming from the film game and animation industries, from concept artists, storyboarders, animators, and the like. Besides doing their money work, these people are creating a bright new world of independent narrative art, web comics, graphic novels etc. This is some really innovative stuff, and through anthologies like flight comics, individuals are able to create stories and worlds as sole creators, not just as cogs in a wheel or members of an animation or design team. The comics these artists are making are nothing short of beautiful. Also inspiring is the wonderful online community from which this is springing up, with great resources like the Drawing Board, Illustration Friday, and the Drawn! blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home